Many times in the Word we read NOW, or TODAY, as the time the Lord sees as important. So what are the things God has told us to focus on TODAY?
- To be saved! 2 Cor 6:2 NLT For God says, "At just the right time, I heard you. On the day of salvation, I helped you." Indeed, the 'right time' is now. Today is the day of salvation!
John 5:25 "Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live."
1 Cor 12:27 Now you are Christ's body, and individually, members of it.
1 Peter 2:10 ..for you once were not a people, but now you are THE PEOPLE OF GOD; you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.
Romans 13:11 And do this, understanding the present time: The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed.
- To accept His righteousness! Romans 4:26 ...So now, because we stand on the faithfulness of Jesus, God declares us righteous on his eyes!
Romans 5:9 For through the blood of Jesus we have heard the powerful declaration, "You are now righteous in my sight."
Romans 5:17 But now, how much more are we held in the grip of grace and continue reigning as kings in life, enjoying our regal freedom through the gift of perfect righteousness in the one and only Jesus, the Messiah!
- To have faith and believe! Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
- To be teachable! Hebrews 4:7 He again fixes a certain day, "Today," saying through David after so long a time just as has been said before, "Today if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts."
- To praise our Heavenly Father! Isaiah 33:10 "Now I will arise," says the Lord, "Now I will be exalted, now I will be lifted up."
- To worship our Heavenly Father! John 4:23 "But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers."
- To live in peace! Romans 15:3 Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.
2 Thess 3:16 Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with you all.
- To walk in love! 1 Cor 13:13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
Romans 5:5 This hope is not a disappointing fantasy, because we can no experience the endless love of God cascading into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who lives in us!
Romans 8:38 So now I live with the confidence that there is nothing in the universe with the power to separate us from God's love.
- To be an encourager! Hebrews 3:13 But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is called "Today," so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.
- To live in the Spirit! Romans 8:1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
I'm sure there are some I've missed, why not search more out this week, and add them to the comments below.